Website Mariners Christian School
Start date: Immediate upon completion of hiring procedures
Full time position with benefits
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
The Digital Marketing Communications Specialist will be in charge of overseeing all internal and external communications, including building a strong digital marketing presence, to ensure MCS messaging is consistent, engaging, and in alignment with the objectives of the Admissions and Advancement departments. The role will report directly to the Director of Advancement and work in conjunction with the Admissions, Development, and Community Connection departments.
The Digital Marketing Communications Specialist facilitates the planning, execution, delivery, and optimization of all internal and external communications. They will be responsible for creating a comprehensive communications and digital marketing strategy in alignment with Mariners Christian School’s expressed Mission and Values. The Digital Marketing Communications Specialist is an integral member of the Advancement team and helps to chart the digital strategy of the organization, ensuring its accountability to all constituencies, as well as ensuring Mariners Christian School’s effective operation.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies to support Administration, Admissions, and Advancement.
Manage the MCS website, including content creation and scheduling, implementation of SEO/SEM strategy, and making updates as necessary.
- Manage the MCS Master Calendar to reflect the ongoing schedule of holidays, events, field trips, sports, and more.
Create and manage campaigns using GiveSmart for annual Advancement Events.
- Technical management of a diverse set of digital marketing suites and CRM platforms (WordPress, Blackbaud, Schoology, G Suite, etc.)
- Technical management of email marketing programs and email development, working closely with the Advancement team to ensure campaign performance and consistency
- Create and send email communications on behalf of the Administration and the Board of Directors as needed
Translate customer behavior into campaigns that influence further engagement, grow website traffic, and increase conversions through tracking of campaign metrics, such as open rates, click through to conversion and ROI to A/B test and develop a repeatable system for fundraising to specific lists/targets
- Manage MCS Social Media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) including creation of content and/or coordinating with volunteers/freelancers for the use of promotion on social media
- Assist with the analytics, analysis, packaging and communication of completed programs
- Cultivate/write/collaborate to produce and deliver content for use in email communications, websites, newsletters, blogs, presentations, special programs and other communications as requested
- Design graphics for school communications, events, and website
Experience & Attributes:
- Ability to convey complex information simply and clearly to school leaders
- Capability to identify, join, and analyze data from different sources and return actionable reports
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven collaborator as well as self-starter with initiative
- Results-driven, highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to quickly learn and master complex marketing tools and platforms
- A positive mental attitude and passion for self-improvement
- Strong analytics, interpretive, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of systems and the integrations between infrastructure technologies (i.e. servers, operating systems, networks, firewalls, security) and applications or information
- Mobile platforms and development practices including responsive web / device aware design
- Proficiency & Best Practices
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Web/Graphic Design
- Stay informed of latest trends in web and graphic design
- Understanding of UX/UI best practices
- Web/Print Design tools: Adobe Photoshop, Publisher,
- Illustrator, InDesign
- Intimate knowledge and working proficiency of WordPress
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends
- Segment lists based on behaviors, age, relationships, like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.)
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into donors
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes and promotions that succeed through email
- Knowledge and best practices of CAN-SPAM Act and COPPA compliance
- Experience in email marketing tools a plus
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create content calendar and schedule
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Identify online reputation and coordinate actions
- Proficiency in social tools/channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, Hootsuite, etc…
- Create or repurpose content for website or social into blog, create high-quality content around all events and programs
- Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on click through rates, traffic, and conversions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO and major search engines
- PPC Tools: Google AdWords for Non Profits
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 2+ years of experience executing effective digital marketing communications
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work flexible hours to support initiatives and meet deadlines as needed
- Working proficiency with WordPress, G Suite, Dropbox, and
- Constant Contact
It is and shall be the policy and practice of Mariners Christian School in the hiring of employees that the school will not discriminate on the basis of the applicants’ race, age, genetic information, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin. We do reserve the right to screen applicants on the basis of religious preference.
Each employee of Mariners Christian School must:
- Maintain a lifestyle consistent with the moral standards stated in the Mariners Christian School contract and the Declaration of Moral Integrity.
- Be in agreement with and sign the MCS Statement of Faith.
- Have criminal history clearance expressly for MCS. (Fingerprinting to be arranged at hiring.)
Please send the following items to Dianne McVay (email below)
- Current Resume
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Brief summary of Christian experience (e.g. testimony, church affiliation, ministry involvement, personal statement of faith)
Note: Expressing interest in this position and submitting requested items does not guarantee an invitation to interview. Candidates invited to interview will be asked to provide samples from a personal portfolio such as authored content, writing samples, website design, social media initiative content, and/or graphic design specific to this field of work. This will only need to be provided at the time of interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com