Website Newport Real Estate Partners
Newport Real Estate Partners
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Position Type: Full Time, exempt
Newport Real Estate Partners (“NREP”) is the real estate private equity arm of Newport Private Group. NREP focuses on value-add and opportunistic real estate strategies through equity and debt investments where complexity, underwriting expertise and hands on asset management provide the opportunity to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for investors.
Newport Real Estate Partners is founded by seasoned real estate operators and investment professionals with extensive experience in real estate development and operations, project and investment management, as well as real estate private equity. NREP’s team structure reflects our belief that successful real estate investing across cycles requires a local market presence, granular asset level knowledge and expertise in operating as well as underwriting.
This is a newly created position for our internal management program, which offers the candidate the opportunity to work directly with the Chief Investment Officer of one of NREP’s debt funds. Reporting directly to the CIO, you will be exposed to our diverse network of businesses, partners, and investors, and will have the opportunity to grow and diversify along with our businesses. The successful candidate will eventually be able to lead our lending team and manage the rapid growth of our lending platform with responsibility for product development, marketing, loan underwriting, closing, audit, and servicing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare and take ownership of financial underwriting and risk models.
2. Prepare final loan recommendation documents for, and presenting to, the loan committee for final approval.
3. Ensure post-closing audits are performed and remedy any deficiencies.
4. Maintain reporting metric benchmarks for the commercial mortgage portfolio highlighting performance and trends.
5. Collaborate with team members to develop and execute a marketing/business development plan.
6. Collaborate with the executive and IT teams to develop lending products, processes, and customer experiences that support
our key principles of being quick, easy, and reliable to do business with.
7. Produce weekly, monthly, and ad hoc financial and management reports.
8. Complete special projects for all functional areas within the real estate debt business.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
1. MBA from a top tier institution with an understanding of the fundamentals of real estate valuation, finance, and accounting.
Familiarity with property-level due diligence, real estate law and construction is a plus.
2. Strong work ethic and highest ethical standards.
3. Ability to maintain a high level of organization, quality, and attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment.
4. Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, executive summaries, and dashboard reports.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential and Salesforce experience is a plus.
NPI is an equal opportunity employer. If interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com